Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 3: Philadelphia (revised)

Hello. Today I'm going to explain my third day on my journey which is in Philadelphia. This link takes you to the overview on the official People to People website. You'll see there is a tab next to the overview title where it says itinerary.


My group will take a Coach Bus to Pennsylvania.

The first place in Philadelphia we'll visit is the Independence National Historic Park. (Below) Independence National Historic Park 



The Declaration of Independence was signed in Independence Hall, located in the park.(Inside to the left).





 After walking around the city and learning about the Founding Fathers, we'll visit the National Constitution Center.  This is the first and only place established by Congress where people can learn about the constitution in a non-partisan environment. We'll find out what the word "We" really means in "We, the people..." 



Next on the schedule, we'll visit the acclaimed Liberty Bell, and get to hear from a Thomas Jefferson Impersonator. The Liberty Bell was first used to call lawmakers together for public announcements. Listen to this podcast for the history of the Liberty Bell:  Liberty Bell Podcast





The final activity of our agenda on the third day is when we get to have dinner on the largest four-masted ship in the world, the Moshulu. (Below)



 My tuition for the P2P project began at $2495.  Last week my remaining bill was $1500.  Now I owe $1146.  

I would like to tell everybody thank you for supporting me. My second garage sale raised 282 dollars! 

Also, my grandma made a GoFundMe account for me: http://www.gofundme.com/r3r36c, so be sure to click on the link to check it out. 


I am planning another garage sale at 725 Caulks Hill Road, St. Charles, MO on Saturday, April 25, from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you have something for me to sell, let me know, and I'll pick it up.  Plan to come over.

Also, if you need some help with anything, I am looking for small jobs to do.
  

-Andrew


P.S. I'm not sure what was wrong before, but we deleted the first version of this post. Hopefully this works. Sorry for the confusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment