Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 4 Celebrate America's Independence



The first highlight of my fourth day will be when we take a breakfast cruise up the Potomac River in Washington, D.C.


The Potomac River is the 21st largest river in the United States. On the average, 486 million gallons of water from the Potomac are used daily in Washington D.C. 



Next we'll be visiting George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate. My group and I will participate in a full day of special events in what's called a "Red, White, and Blue Celebration." 


The Vernon Estate was named after George Washington's half-brother's commanding officer, Edward Vernon. George acquired the estate in 1754 and eventually made it into a 21 room mansion. The link below takes you to a virtual tour of the estate:

Tour of George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate



The final, and probably the most spectacular part of my day and possibly my whole trip, is when we get to see the Washington D.C. fireworks display while taking in the best views of Washington D.C.


Check out this link to a video of the 4th of July fireworks show of 2014:  

  Fireworks Show in Washington, D.C. July 4, 2014


Update on my garage sale:
Due to everything starting to get wet, my garage sale is rescheduled to the following Saturday, May 2, from 7:00 am to 2:00 p.m. 725 Caulks Hill Road, St. Charles, MO 63304  

Update on my financial situation:

Thanks to everyone who donated to my account or even for referring me to someone who did.

The outstanding balance on my People to People Leadership Ambassador Program tuition is now $675.46. 

Originally it was $2495!  

I really appreciate everyone who helped me or is considering helping me.


Here are the payment options.  Choose A or B.
A.  Make a donation through GoFundMe at http://www.gofundme.com/r3r36c

or

B. Make a payment to People to People directly:

Click here to get to the People to People donation page

Enter in this information in the boxes:

My delegate ID: 10228087

Last name: Buehler

Or if you prefer to pay by check, send it to:

PEOPLE TO PEOPLE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

PO BOX 34902

SEATTLE WA 98124 98124-1902 USA

Be sure to include my delegate name and number on the check.


Again thank you, everyone, for helping me achieve my goal of becoming a U.S. People to People Ambassador.


- Andrew 
















No comments:

Post a Comment