Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 5: Understanding U.S. Government

Hello. 

The first part of the fifth day on my People to People journey starts with us exploring the Capitol's visiting center while also learning about the branches of government. These include: Executive (President), Legislative (Congress), and Judicial (Supreme Court). Congress makes the laws. The Supreme Court evaluates them, and the President carries them out. (Chart below)








Next we will go to the Newseum, a place where we can explore the stories that made history and learn about free press through exhibits and events. Made in 2008, the Newseum was established and supported in part by the Freedom Forum. It's a 501c3 public charity funded by people, foundations and corporations.



To see a video tour of the museum, take this link and scroll down:

 
Lastly, we'll wrap things up and have a leadership meeting.







I want to say thank you to anyone who donated items or came to my garage sale on the 2nd. We made $123.25! I  really appreciate your support.  

Now my outstanding balance is down to $455 dollars!

I'd also like to mention I sent thank you notes today to everyone who donated. I double-checked.  However, if you do not get one, contact me on my gmail account: abbuehler1@gmail.com. 

I will also be having my last garage sale on the 16th.  (Thank the Lord). It's at 725 Caulks Hill Road St. Charles 63304. It's from 7:00 to 2:00.

 I would like to mention that my payment deadline is June 1st, so if you are considering helping me, now's the time! 

Thank you again for your support.


TWO CONVENIENT AND EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO DONATE TO PEOPLE TO PEOPLE DIRECTLY:


1. Make a payment online by entering my last name and delegate ID after you take the  link:

 Click here to get to the People to People donation page

My delegate ID: 10228087

Last name: Buehler

OR

2. Pay by Check: include the delegate name and ID number on check and remit to:

PEOPLE TO PEOPLE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS

PO BOX 34902

SEATTLE WA 98124 98124-1902 USA
 
 


If you would rather make a payment on my

GoFundMe account, go to
 http://www.gofundme.com/r3r36c


Follow me on twitter to see pictures when I go on my journey:

ABBuehler1


Thank you again.  

-Andrew

















No comments:

Post a Comment