Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 6 Remembering the Past; Building the Future


Our first activity for the sixth day will be visiting and laying a commemorative wreath at the National World War II Memorial. The World War II Memorial is dedicated to commemorating the 16 million brave men and women who served overseas and at home in the war.

Follow this link:   WW II Memorial


Next we will have an exclusive pre-opening breakfast at the Smithsonian Museum of American History. The Smithsonian was made to explore the vastness and complexity of American history. The link below takes you to their website:

      





Finally, to end the sixth day, we will take a trip to watch a live performance at one of these world famous performing venues: John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Arena Stage, or Ford's Theatre.(I'm not sure why they put three different ones??)


*******************************************************************************************************


I would like to let everyone know that I have met my tuition deadline and now it's fully paid! Thank you to everyone who donated or helped me in any way. I couldn't have done this without your help. This took a lot of stress and at one point I was doubtful i could meet the price. Now we're here and I'm very happy to say I don't have to worry about that anymore.

 If you're not following me yet,  my twitter account is ABBuehler1. I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures on my journey and post them on my twitter. I also will put them on here in case you don't have Twitter.

 Again thanks for all your help. I'm so excited!


-Andrew















No comments:

Post a Comment