Sunday, March 15, 2015

My First Day in Washington D.C. as a People to People U.S. Ambassador

The purpose of this post is to give an overview of my first day in Washington D.C. I'll be arriving in between noon and five p.m. on July 1st.  My thanks to my Aunt Patty and Uncle Jake for arranging my airline tickets this week. 

I'm very interested in being able to meet other People to People ambassadors from the U.S. and from around the world! I always like to see and experience new cultures whether it's meeting people from somewhere else or actually visiting a new place.

When I first arrive, I will go through registration and then get to meet some of the other ambassadors in welcoming activities. We also get to meet the teachers and staff that will be guiding us through the week's activities.

Once we get situated, we will go to a well anticipated banquet where we'll meet a guest speaker. After that,  my fellow group members and I will learn more about what the week has in store for us.

For the record...

Before I show up, of course, there are some some assignments I should complete.

Assignment 1: I'd Like to Know
This is basically just a chart where I fill out what I know already, want to know, and then after the trip what I learned. We do these all the time at school before beginning a new unit.

Assignment 2: Think it Through
My second pre-travel assignment is to think about what qualities a good leader possesses. It also asks me who I look up to as a leader and what character traits I would like to improve on as a leader.

Assignment 3: Civics Worksheet
This one is, in my opinion, the easiest worksheet even though I only know the answer to the first question. It's a fill in the blank about who's who in the federal, state, and local levels of government. The easy thing is I can just look up all the answers.


I'll probably have to start these worksheets now, because I'm a big procrastinator. My grandma shut down my original plan to do them the day before. Besides, I need to study up for the trip, probably 'cause the only thing I know I know about the Capitol right now is that Obama's the president and lives in the White House.

To clarify:

Some potential donors are asking about how to contribute. If you're having trouble with the directions below, contact me via Gmail.

My Gmail address:Andrew B. Buehler
                               abbuehler1@gmail.com

TWO CONVENIENT AND EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS

INCLUDE both of these:

My delegate ID: 10228087
Last name: Buehler


1. Make a payment online at:

    Click here to get to the People to People donation page

OR

2. Pay by Check: include the delegate name and ID number on check and remit to:

PEOPLE TO PEOPLE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
PO BOX 34902
SEATTLE WA 98124 98124-1902 USA



Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in my journey.  I appreciate everybody's support. I have been doing some small jobs too like shoveling snow and raking leaves. I'm putting together a garage sale during my Spring break, and writing an update every Sunday on my blog.  

Please follow my twitter account too: ABBuehler1

Sincerely,
Andrew














1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog Andrew. The check is a good pay method for me, and I appreciate your directions. All of your efforts will pay off. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete