Sunday, March 8, 2015

Overview of World Leadership Forum: Independence Day/ Donation Options


Hello. First I want to express how excited I am that 54 people viewed my first post. In this blog, I'll tell you about the overview of my upcoming trip. The program I'm scheduled to participate in is called People to People World Leadership Forum: Independence Day.  Experiences for participants are planned in both Washington D.C. and Philadelphia  from July 1st through the 7th. On my trip, my group will get to explore history firsthand.  We'll also meet people from around the world and visit monuments that celebrate events that helped shape our country such as the Washington monument and Arlington National Cemetery. The fourth of July fireworks display will have unforgettable views of Washington D.C. In fact, on the morning of the fourth, we take a breakfast cruise to Mount Vernon! There are lots more cool things we'll be doing. At first I was skeptical about why the program was so much money.  However, the link below details the many opportunities that are planned in the span of seven days:

Overview of World Leadership Forum: Independence Day

Before I continue, I want to say that any contribution on my behalf is greatly appreciated. I have had several people asking questions about donation options. The information and the link below will take you to a People to People website where you can make a donation to my account. When you click on the website link, enter in the delegate ID #10228087 and my last name and it will take you to a payment page where you can manage the rest. The total cost of the program is $2,753, but members of my family have already pledged airfare and about $1,000 towards my tuition.

I signed up for three projects to help raise the rest of the money ($1725) for my trip.

1. Hold garage sales.

2. Do yardwork and small jobs.  Get volunteers to help as needed.   (Contact me on my Gmail to get on my calendar:   abbuehler1@gmail.com)

3. Write a blog about the upcoming experience (ABOUT two entries a week) to keep my sponsors informed about the program and what I'm learning.


TWO CONVENIENT AND EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS

My delegate ID: 10228087
Last name: Buehler

  1. Make a payment online at: Link to donation page
  2. Pay by Check: include the delegate name and ID number on check and remit to:
    PEOPLE TO PEOPLE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
    PO BOX 34902
    SEATTLE WA 98124 98124-1902 USA


In addition to the People to People website, I've also been looking at other websites related to Washington D.C. Those links would include things that any one would enjoy doing in the capitol and the surrounding area.

Please follow me on twitter: ABBuehler1




No comments:

Post a Comment